Monday, March 21, 2011

12 Weeks and Life this Week!

So here I am. 12 week belly and all. It feels great mentally and physically to be nearing the end of first trimester. I will not miss it.
I had no intentions of making any baby purchases this soon but a neighbor of mine had a garage sale and there was a bassinet that I could not resist. I will post a picture...eventually.
A few weeks ago, a neighbor of mine was having a garage sale (I live in a garage sale havin' neighborhood). I couldn't help but notice how lovely her garage was (weird I know). Come to find out, it had been converted to her sewing room. I was smitten. Immediately I asked if she offered lessons and the rest is history. Today was my first lesson and it was fantastic. I am kind of at an odd place in my sewing life because I have sewn before but I skipped the basics (and have now forgotten the rest). So I am kinda starting from the beginning...but not really. The lady was great and we had a great time talking along the way. We had conversations about life, Jesus, being a wife, the neighborhood, me being pregnant, and of course sewing. It was a great time. Next week, I start on my first real project which will be a cute little sundress that I picked out from patterns today. I am excited to pick out the fabric and get started!
Aaron has a big test-ma-bob this week for his job. If all goes well it will lead to a promotion and of course that would be FANTASTIC! He is a wonderful husband and an incredible provider and I am truly blessed to have such a hardworking man. He excels at every job he has had and is truly an asset to any place he works. Thank you Lord for blessing me!
And finally...some fantastic news (for me at least)! Anyone who knows me well know that I love The Duggar Family (from 19 Kids and Counting on TLC). I am fascinated with this family and just absolutely adore them. The thought of 19 kids makes my hair nap up a bit but it is so impressive to watch. Anyways, Aaron and I decided not to have cable when we moved into our new house. For the most part it has been great...but I have missed my Duggars! And I have scoured the internet looking for a way to watch the show online. No luck (unless I wanted to pay $1.99 per episode on iTunes or Amazon)! Well, after a loooooooong time and MUCH determination, I have won!!!!! I found a site that allows me to earn Amazon.com credit by doing free trials for various companies. Overnight, I earned enough credit to catch up completely on Season 7 (with enough remaining credit to finish the season up)! I know some of you are thinking,"Really? She felt the need to include this in her blog?" Yep, I did 'cuz I am stoked! Life just got a little sweeter.
Well that's enough for now. I am sleepy and my neck hurts from spening 3 hours braiding my hair! So I am outty. Thanks for reading my rambling!

No comments:

Post a Comment