Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dr. Appt and Life This Week

Today I had a Dr. appt. I wasn't really sure what to expect and apparently there wasn't much to expect! All we really did was listen to the heartbeat on the doppler. But even though I have a doppler at home, this ended up being and eventful appt. Why? Because come to find out, all this time, I had been listening to my own stinkin' heartbeat! Silly Kayla! But it's not my fault entirely, I was led astray. Our Baby's heartbeat should be somewhere between 120 and 180. Well, my machine was reading around 135 so I thought, "Great...I must be hearing the baby's heartbeat." WRONG! Apparently home dopplers can have a tendency to double the woman's heartbeat. So I was just listening to myself :( Thankfully we did find baby's actual heartbeat in the doctor's office and I doubt I will ever mistake my own heartbeat for baby's because baby's was considerably faster. So it what a productive morning and a precious moment listening to our "sweet mun-kin wood".
Hmmmmm what else is going on in the Wood home? Well Aaron treated me to a wonderful pedicure this morning. He didn't do it himself (or I couldn't call it lovely...lol) he just recommended I go. But it wasn't a real loving, "Hey hon, go treat yourself to a pedicure." It was more of him glancing down out my feet, making a face, and then saying, "Please go get a pedicure." Either way, I'll take it how I can get it! It was great and my feet look less like ancient artifacts. And I found a new show that I like while sitting in the chair...The Nate Berkus show!
This week is Aaron's birthday. He's going to be a whopping 25! Yucky! Lol...but seriously when did we get so old? Yes I know that is not "old" but when you marry your high school sweetheart and he turns 25, it's kinda confusing considering I clearly remember looking over his report card in the high school hallways. I would tell you what we are doing for his birthday but frankly I don't know. I am usually considerably better about this but he pretended that he didn't want a party up until last week. I should've known.
So that's it for now! I'll check back in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment